BMR is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy is effective from 17/11/2017.
What we collect
We may collect the following information if you fill in the contact form:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- We also collect statistics about visits to the website (e.g. number of pages visited on the site). This data is of a nonpersonal nature and is used to better understand the effectiveness of the site only.
What we do with any personal information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- contacting you in response to a request by yourselves
- to inform you of services relevant to your initial and subsequent requests
- internal record keeping
- to improve our products and services
- we may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone.
- we may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing
- In addition, we may disclose your personal information: to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- - in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- - in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- - to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling;
- - to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website, it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of this website and most others.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at email@example.com or write to us at 8 Felsted, Caldecotte, Milton Keynes, MK7 8FE.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.